Hand embroidery is one of the easiest ways to create beautiful artwork with fabric and thread. Handmade embroidery is an exciting, artistic work.
If you have just started to learn to stitch from embroidery classes online, it could be intimidating at first. Once you start practicing more, you will get the real taste of embroidery. It is necessary to know a few basic stitches, which you will eventually learn as you learn to sew. Read further to learn about 3 best embroidery stitches.
- Running Stitch
A running stitch offers a quick way to outline a design. You can use either of the two methods for a running stitch:
- Sewing method: Here, all you need to do is to weave the needle and floss through the fabric in one continuous motion. This will create several stitches at a time.
- Stabbing method: In this method, you have to push the needle through the fabric to the back and then poke through the front, thus creating one stitch at a time. This method is also called “punch and poke” method.
Backstitch is a good way to stitch when you need a solid line in the embroidery.
Steps to do a backstitch:
- Start by pulling the needle and floss through the fabric to make one stitch forward.
- Then, from underneath, space the needle out to the length of your desired stitch.
- Pull up through the fabric.
- Bring the needle and floss back down through the end of the previous stitch.
- Split Stitch
Just like backstitch, split stitch can be used to create a solid line.
- Pull the needle and floss up the fabric and then create one straight stitch.
- With your floss on the underside of your loop, bring the needle through the centre of the stitch you have just created.
- Then, stitch forward with a length similar to your initial stitch.
- You can repeat by bringing the needle up through the centre of each stitch.
With Hamstech Online, learn these basic stitches and begin your foray into the exciting world of embroidery!
Now Learn Fashion Designing Anytime anywhere with easy Online Video Classes. Download the App Today for Free Trial of Exciting Courses.